Firms existing in a country asides from paying taxes as part of obligation to the society and the government has also the obligation of corporate social responsibilities. Corporate social responsibility is an outreach of a firm to the society in a bid to develop both the society and increase the human capacity development of the existing citizen. MTN has therefore instituted THE ANNUAL MTN SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME TO STUDY IN USA, Canada and Europe 2018.
A maximum of 1000 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying. Art, science and technology related courses are awarded this scholarship which covers tuition, book allowance and stipends.
The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation provided the awardee maintains a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit).
Eligibility For MTN Foundation Scholarship Application 2018/2019
The students must be in their third year(300 level) at the time of application
- Applicants from Public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd year in a public University
- Valid International Passport
- Valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study.
- Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only).
- 2 recent passport photographs
Applicants should note that information and details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test.